OmaSp's Board of Directors
The Board of Directors has the overall responsibility for OmaSp’s management and for ensuring that the activities are properly organised. The Board of Directors has adopted written rules of procedure in which it determines the matters falling within its duties. The Board of Directors adopts the principles concerning the bank’s strategy, organisation, accounting, and finances control. The Board of Directors also appoints OmaSp’s CEO. The CEO is responsible for implementing the bank’s strategy and for the day to day administration of the bank in accordance with the instructions and specifications of the Board of Directors.
The Board of Directors of OmaSp must have a minimum of five (5) and a maximum of eight (8) ordinary members and a maximum of two (2) deputy members. The Board members are elected for a term expiring at the close of the Annual General Meeting following the election. The Board of Directors elects a Chairman from among its members to serve for the duration of the term of the Board and one (1) to two (2) Vice Chairmen.
Board of Directors and committees
- Chairman of the Board since 2019
- b. 1963
- Working history: Jarmo Salmi has been the Chairman of the board of OmaSp since 2019 and a member of OmaSp's Board of Directors since 2014. Salmi has served as the CEO of Asianajotoimisto Jarmo Salmi Oy since 2014, and as a lawyer and responsible partner at Asianajotoimisto Lasse Salmi Ky 1991-2014. In addition, Salmi has served as the Chairman of the Board of Kiinteistö Oy Kosken-Keskus since 2014 and as a member of the Board of the Finnish Bar Association in 2012–2015. Salmi holds a Master of Laws.
- Debuty Chairman of the Board since 2014
- b. 1964
- Working history: Jyrki Mäkynen has been the Vice Chairman of OmaSp's Board of Directors since 2014 and served as the Chairman of the Board in 2009-2014. Mäkynen has been an entrepreneur at Oy HM Profiil Ab since 1992 and as Sales Director of Oy HM Profiili Ab in 1992-2002 and as CEO since 2003. Mäkynen has been a member of the Board of Fennia Insurance since 2017 and as Vice Chairman of the Board since 2021. In addition, Mäkynen has been a member of the Bank of Finland's Payment Council in the years 2014–2022, Mäkynen has been the Chairman of the Board of the Federation of Finnish Enterprises in 2014-2020 and the President of the Council in 2020-2022, the Chairman of the Board of SMEunited in 2014-2020, the Chairman of the Board of the Southern Ostrobotnia University Foundation in 2010-2021 and as a Vice Chairman of the Board of Seinäjoki Joint Municipal Authority for Education Sedu in 2017-2021, as a member of the Board of Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences 2013-2021, as a member of the Seinäjoki City Council in 2004-2021 and as a member of the city’s Board in 2009-2012. Mäkynen holds a Master of Science in Economics.
- Member of the Board since 2017
- b. 1966
- Working history: Aila Hemminki has been a member of OmaSp's Board of Directors since 2017. Hemminki has been an expert in business projects in Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences, RDI since September 2021. In addition, Hemminki has been a board member of Talotekniikka Koivuluoma Oy since 2022. Hemminki has worked as a Change of Ownership Specialist for the Regional Organization of South Ostrobothnian Entrepreneurs in 2018-2021. Hemminki established the Vauvatarvike Huvikumpu Ky (today Hevihill ky) in 1990 and worked as a shop trader until 2008. Since then, entrepreneurship has included management of rental properties. Aila Hemminki has held various positions at the Savings Bank Foundation of Kuortane during 2009-2017. She has been a deputy member of the Board of Hemimotors Oy since 1999 and a member of the Board of Into Seinäjoki in 2017-2021. Hemminki holds a Master of Economic Sciences.
- Member of the Board since 2014
- b. 1961
- Working history: Aki Jaskari has been a member of OmaSp's Board of Directors since 2014. Jaskari has served as the CEO of Nerkoon Höyläämö Oy since 1995. In addition, Jaskari has been a member of the Advisory Board of Leppäkosken Sähkö Group Oy since 2001, a member of the Regional Advisory Committee of Pohjola Insurance Oy in 2001-2015 and as a member of the Board of the Parkano Savings Bank in 2010-2013. Jaskari holds a Master of Economic Sciences.
- Member of the Board since 2014
- b. 1960
- Working history: Timo Kokkala has been a member of OmaSp's Board of Directors since 2014. Kokkala has been a farm operator since 1989. In addition, Kokkala has served as the Chairman of the Board of Hauho Savings Bank in 1998-2008 and of Kantasäästöpankki Oy in 2009-2014 and as a member of the Supervisory Board in the Savings Bank Union in 2012-2014. Kokkala holds a Master of Science in Agriculture and Forestry.
- Member of the Board since 2019
- b. 1963
- Working history: Jaana Sandström has been a member of OmaSp's Board of Directors since 2019. Sandström is a Professor of Strategic Accounting at LUT University and she will begin her third term as the Vice Rector for education at LUT University in early 2023. Before her terms as Vice Rector, she was the Dean of LUT University School of Economics in 2009-2014. In the years 1991-2008, Sandström worked at LUT University as a lecturer and as a temporary assistant to the professorship. Prior to his academic career, Sandström worked in the forest industry from 1987 to 1991 at Enso Gutzeit Oy and Ekono Oy. Among the current key positions of trust are the Second Vice-Chairmanship of the Board of Directors and the Chairmanship of the Committee on Scholarships of the Foundation for Economic Education. Sandström has served as a member of the Board of the South Karelian Cooperative in 2013-2019 and as a member of EPAS Accreditation Board of the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD) in 2013-2019. In academic positions of trust, Sandström has worked as an opponent, as an evaluator of scientific articles and conferences, as well as an expert in the field of professorships since 2000. Sandström holds a Doctor of Science (Technology).
- Member of the Board since 2023
- b. 1965
- Working history: Jaakko Ossa has been a member of OmaSp's Board of Directors since 2023. Jaakko Ossa has been a professor of financial law at the University of Turku since 1998. Ossa has an extensive written production, particularly in the field of corporate taxation and investment taxation. Along with his academic career, Ossa has held expert positions at Asianajotoimisto Astrea Oy for around 20 years and currently at Ossa Partners Oy, a family company. Ossa has been as a member of the Board of several companies, including Liedon Savings Bank, Sp-Fund Management Company and the Savings Bank Association. In addition, he is currently the Chairman of the delegation of Taxpayers Association of Finland (TAF) and the inspector of the Satakuntalais-Hämäläinen Student Nation (osakunta) of the University of Turku. Ossa holds a Doctor of Laws.
Jyrki Mäkynen has been a member of the Company's Board continuously since 2009 and he is not independent in his relationship with the company, but he is independent in his relationship to the Company's significant shareholders. All other nominees are independent in their relationship with the company and its significant shareholders.
The members of the OmaSp's Board of Directors or Management Team or the CEO do not have, in addition to the above, any conflicts of interest between their duties in the Company and their private interests or other duties. There are no family relations between the members of the Board of Directors and the Management team.
The Board of Directors carries out the tasks of the audit committee. The Board of Directors of OmaSp have on 18 October 2018 resolved to establish a remuneration committee. The remuneration committee consists of at least three members, elected annually from amongst and by the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors specifies the tasks of the remuneration committee within the rules of procedure adopted by the Board of Directors. The tasks of the remuneration committee consist of the preparation of the compensation and other economic benefits of the CEO and other management, the preparation of matters relating to the bank's incentive schemes, the evaluation of the CEO’s and management’s compensation, caring for the appropriateness of the incentive schemes, the preparation of appointment matters in relation to the CEO and other management as well as the surveying of their successors and the development of the remuneration of the personnel and the organisation. The members of the remuneration committee are Jarmo Salmi, Jyrki Mäkynen, and Aila Hemminki.