Offer your customers an identification service
The national trust network (kansallinen luottamusverkosto) is an electronic identification system consisting of issuers of strong identification tools acting as identification service providers and parties functioning as identification broker service providers. Its purpose is to give companies access to the identifiers of all strong identification issuers, in practice banks and teleoperators, under a single agreement.
OmaSp’s role in the trust network is as a supplier of identification tools. We offer our private customers strong electronic identification tools (online banking codes) and an identification broker service called OmaTunnistus.
OmaTunnistus offers your broker service the OpenID Connect interface based on international standards, which ensures that identification in online services is secure and meets legal requirements. If you would like to activate the OmaTunnistus service in your broker service, fill in the agreement information form.
OmaTunnistus service’s benefits for your company
- Identification takes place using OmaSp’s online banking codes.
- The bank identifies the customer on behalf of the transaction service.
- Identification is easy and secure for the customer.
- Identification can take place at any time of day.
- The company only concludes agreements with one identification broker service provider. The party offering the identification tool in line with the trust network is obligated to give the identification tool to be brokered to all of the registered identification tool services at a price prescribed by law.
Registered broker service providers
If you wish to offer your customers the opportunity for identification in your online service, you can agree on the identification service centrally with one broker service provider registered in the trust network. Bilateral contracts and connections with all of the banks are no longer necessary. You can find the registered broker services on the website of the Finnish Transport and Communications Agency’s National Cyber Security Centre.
The OmaTunnistus service is available from the following identification broker services:
Danske Bank A/S, Finland Branch
Digital and Population Data Services Agency
Nets Branch Norway
Nordea Bank Oyj
Telia Finland Oyj
Nets Denmark A/S, Finnish Branch